COVID-19: A Practical Checklist for Boards of Directors Managing in Times of Crisis from Barnes & Thornburg LLP
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to create economic havoc across the globe, boards of directors have a critical role to play in ensuring that their companies address the risks and uncertainties in a prudent manner. Also, boards need to be aware of the rules that apply where there is a potential for insolvency resulting from the economic dislocations and lack of liquidity.
As part its webinar series, Barnes & Thornburg, one of our partner organizations, has provided practical steps boards should consider in responding to the current crisis.
The program discussed the following topics:
- A refresher on fiduciary duties
- Business judgment in times of extraordinary crisis
- Personal liability when things go wrong
- Determining if the company is insolvent or in the zone of insolvency – and why it matters
- The restart: Should the board be concerned about the company’s systems and reporting processes relating to COVID-19?
- Is a COVID-19 special committee advisable?
- COVID-19 public reporting and other disclosure obligations
- Evaluating the risk and rewards of distressed acquisition opportunities
- Do black swan events like COVID-19 affect the board’s analysis of adequate reserves?
- Preserving the privilege among corporate affiliates in times of crisis
View the full article here .
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Corporate Law / Unternehmensrecht
You may be interested
Beitrag von Daniel Reck (Johnson Kendall & Johnson, Inc.) und Timo Rehbock (Barnes & Thornburg...
Leveraging its extensive experience with bankruptcy courts and imaginative solutions for preservation of businesses, Barnes...