COVID-19: A Practical Checklist for Boards of Directors Managing in Times of Crisis from Barnes & Thornburg LLP
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to create economic havoc across the globe, boards of directors have a critical role to play in ensuring that their companies address the risks and uncertainties in a prudent manner. Also, boards need to be aware of the rules that apply where there is a potential for insolvency resulting from the economic dislocations and lack of liquidity.
As part its webinar series, Barnes & Thornburg, one of our partner organizations, has provided practical steps boards should consider in responding to the current crisis.
The program discussed the following topics:
- A refresher on fiduciary duties
- Business judgment in times of extraordinary crisis
- Personal liability when things go wrong
- Determining if the company is insolvent or in the zone of insolvency – and why it matters
- The restart: Should the board be concerned about the company’s systems and reporting processes relating to COVID-19?
- Is a COVID-19 special committee advisable?
- COVID-19 public reporting and other disclosure obligations
- Evaluating the risk and rewards of distressed acquisition opportunities
- Do black swan events like COVID-19 affect the board’s analysis of adequate reserves?
- Preserving the privilege among corporate affiliates in times of crisis
View the full article here .
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Corporate Law / Unternehmensrecht
You may be interested
Leveraging its extensive experience with bankruptcy courts and imaginative solutions for preservation of businesses, Barnes...
Insurance is an important business asset in times of crisis. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic...